Limestone Processing. Make It Better
Manufacturing limestone requires amongst other things constant and detail-focused maintenance. Without proper maintenance, equipment quickly wears down and loses its efficiency effectively resulting in poor performance and worse product quality. It is important to implement various maintenance methods in your production cycle in order to avoid improper usage of equipment and prolong its lifespan. Maintenance addresses a variety of issues including reliability, integrity, and work safety.
Maintaining Limestone Processing
Setting up the production line
Appropriately picked equipment is the cornerstone of efficient production. While limestone processing is somewhat standardized, there is always room for improvement. Strommashina provides various types of equipment necessary for limestone processing. Our customization options will help you to build a production line that will focus on specific problem, in our case, on perfectly processing limestone without causing major issues.
Preventing Limestone Accretion
Limestone is a material that tends to cause accretion quickly building up during the processing. Without immediate reaction, the build-up slows down the process and drastically reduces production efficiency. At the same time, accretion negatively affects the equipment wearing it down quicker than usual. This results in two major issues: unnecessary down-times and budget draining equipment failures. Preventing accretion is pivotal.
Maintaining The Equipment
Regular checks and technical maintenance are crucial for the production cycle. It is imperative to have maintenance scheduled properly. Maintenance should focus on the whole system and system components. This will help in preventing undesired production errors and failures while providing you with valuable feedback about your equipment and its condition. When planning your maintenance routine, consider factors listed below:
- Put great emphasis on regular checks of limestone pin mixer. This piece of equipment is more important than some other system components. Constant frictions create a lot of pressure on the pin mixer and wears it down rapidly. This is why regular checking this particular element is crucial. Do not let your pin mixer to break causing major equipment failures.
- Limestone dryer is another huge point of focus. Maintenance should definitely be concentrated on drying machines since they often wear down quickly due to intense frictions and constant high temperature. Note that limestone is an abrasive material that can cause mechanical damage to any type of equipment. Regular maintenance prevents equipment failures and enables continuous and smooth production cycle.
Regularly maintaining all equipment involved in limestone processing cycle is pivotal. Keeping the whole system in check allows for better production cycle integrity and prevents individual pieces of equipment from failing. Regular maintenance also decreases expenses related to fixing and replacing equipment.
Maintenance Tips and Tricks
- Damaged equipment should never be operated. Regularly check the machinery and focus on searching for significant wear, apparent damage, and inappropriately functioning components. Upon discovering any of the above, immediately report to qualified personnel.
- Every facility should have a set of safety guidelines which every employee should follow. Additionally, every piece of equipment has its own safety recommendations. Make sure that your personnel follows both safety rules.
- Keep logged all reported issues, inspections and their outcomes, lubrication, and changes.
- Refer to the documentation that comes with the equipment to schedule lubrication and maintenance appropriately.
Maintaining Limestone Production Systems and Their Components
- Limestone tends to cause accretion in buckets. Regular cleanings and maintenance is strongly recommended to avoid build-up.
- All bucket bearing should be checked upon daily and regularly lubricated. Additional checks and inspections should occur on a weekly basis.
- The drive system should also be inspected thoroughly on a regular basis. It is important to check all drive system components including drive engine, reducer, chains, belts, and sprockets.
- Fixtures, electric components, drive systems, belts, chains, pulley stations, and other components of elevator should be regularly maintained. Daily inspections should focus on alignment of components and checking if all bolts and nuts are tightened and do not present danger.
- Daily clean-ups are essential for equipment functionality. It is important to focus on checking how flexible belts are and how strong chains are. Make sure to pay attention to elements that constantly move.
- Limestone accretion should be prevented at all costs. Regular inspections and cleanings are imperative.
- Scraper mechanism, belt trackers, idler, fittings, chains, and sprockets – all regularly grinding and moving system components should be periodically inspected.
- Nearly all Belt Conveyor elements need regular lubrication as recommended by manufacturers. Make sure to maintain all elements including bearings, fixtures, pulleys, reducer, and motor.
- Removing accretion of limestone dust is crucial for maintenance of Chain Mills.
- Bearings, motor, and other moving components should be regularly lubricated and checked upon.
- Make sure to check and test various components of the mill. Focus on searching for wear and damage.
- Disk pelletizers can be significantly slowed down by build-up. Make sure to regularly remove accretion.
- Motor, bearings, speed reducer, oilers, and other subjects to friction should be lubricated as often as manufacturer recommends in technical documentation for the equipment.
- Spray systems and their components, motor, fixtures, bearings, and reducer should be checked upon regularly.
- Plows and scrapers need frequent visual inspections. Look for damaged, worn or heavily scratched plows, fix them or replace in order to prevent inconsistency of the surface which can compromise the integrity of the process.
- Pin Mixer is vulnerable to accretion. Regularly removing build-up helps preventing damage to pin mixers.
- Assembles, reducer, fixtures, seals, belts, and other components in constant friction should be lubricated accordingly to the recommendation provided by the equipment manufacturer.
- All components mentioned above should be regularly inspected by specialists.
- Clearance is a one of the most important visual detectors of defects. The pin may wear down quicker than anticipated. You can notice how badly worn it is by simply measuring the clearance between the liner and pin tip. Immediately adjust or replace pins if the clearance is bigger than it should be.
- Dryers also vulnerable to accretion. Ensure regular cleanings and remove build-up from both the inside and inlet.
- Bearings, chains, fixtures, couplings, motor, belts, burners, lifters, assemblers, and other constantly moving or contacting with the material components should be regularly checked. Frequent inspections ensure safe work environment and prevent system failures. Pay great attention to breeching seals and thrust rollers – regular visual inspections will help to notice wear and damage early.
- All components mentioned above and trunnion wheels, tires, and bearings should be lubricated as often as the manufacturer recommends in the technical documentation.
Warning! This is neither a full list of possible recommendations nor an example of proper maintenance, but merely a summary of various tips and advices that are intended to improve your maintenance planning and execution. Always verify your maintenance practices with recommendations provided by the manufacturers of the equipment.
If you need additional information about maintaining and operating equipment manufactured by Strommashina, please contact us. Our specialists will gladly help you with any problems related to limestone equipment maintenance.