Application areas of natural gypsum mineral raw material and gyps containing rejects
Samara plant "Strommashina", being a producer of equipment for production of gypsum materials sets out the main data on natural gypsum raw material.
Main consumers of natural gypsum mineral raw material (gypsum and anhydrite) are:
- Gypsum industry – production of gypsum binding materials (hydrolabile and waterproof), including high-strength;
- Cement industry – production of portland cement as an additive for adjustment of setting time (up to 3% in equivalent SO3 of cement mass), as well as production of special cements;
- Chemical industry – complex use of sulphuric acid and portland cement; getting nitrogen fertilizer, ammonia sulphate and other materials;
- Paper industry – in production of best quality white paper;
- Agriculture – for soil gypsuming (for 1 ha of soil it is required to have from 0,5 to 5 tons of gypsum);
- Other consumers (gypsum spat when manufacturing of some optical devices; alabaster, anhydrite, selenite – for making sculptures; gypsum and anhydrite as a finishing material for architecture and restoration purposes) and others.
Gypsum containing rejects after special ecological safety inspection, mainly can be used for the above mentioned purposes as well as when arrangement of highways as an additive into asphalt concrete.
Phosphogypsum rejects can be used for production of lime-stone, sulphuric acid, portland cement.
Some gypsum containing rejects can be used as a component when production of portland cement. Thus when introduction of 3% of phosphogypsum (from mass of dry solids) firing of raw material is accelerated, the furnace capacity is increased, specific fuel consumption is decreased. Simultaneously the activation of portland cement is increased and its hardening in early period is accelerated.